Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentines day...I curse you!

Well...Today is Valentines day...The most depressing and evil day of the year. Today is the day where everyone who is in "love" has to go out and buy cheezy hallmark junk...I don't understand. The St. Valentine that we all worship and celebrate...Was actually a mass murderer. Before he was hung...For his heinous crimes, he sent a letter to his daughter saying, "Please Be Mine...Love your Valentine" hence the tradition of the valentine! I still don't understand...Why is it that you have to show your love on "one" day? Why not show it all year long? I am a cynic, yes...But I have a right to be! So...Happy Valentines Day...and here is a little poem to show my true feelings for this ever annoying day!


Hearts and roses and kisses galore,
What the hell is all that shit for?
People get mushy and start acting queer,
It is definitely the most annoying day of the year.
This day needs to get the hell over with and pass,
Before I shove a dozen roses up Cupid's ass.
I'll spend the day so drunk I can't speak
And wear black for the rest of the week.
Guys act all sweet, but soon it will fade,
For all they are doing is trying to get laid.
The arrow Cupid shot at me must not have hit,
Cause I think love is a crock of shit.
So, this my story... what more can I say?
Love bites my ass... Fuck Valentines Day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh, I love that poem,, it's hilarious!! You said in your comment on my blog that you were drawing anime, that's pretty cool... I'm actually trying to get away from it, and develop more of my own style, and trying some photomanipulation... It was definitely a good foundation, though... Here, check out my latest pictures...

http://www.deviantart.com/view/28802200/

http://www.deviantart.com/view/29065440/

Talk to you later!!

Mel said...

As usual your art amazes me...
You always did have your own style...you always will...
No matter what you draw...be it anime, photomaipulation, whatever.
For you see what ever is in your own head...and you create it...
using your own hands and imagination!

Unknown said...

Awww.. glad you like it Mennie!! *gives you a massive rib-crushing hug*