Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Spring has Sprung...

Finally, the grass is greening, and the trees are budding. The snow has melted and the air is warming. I am enjoying the first showings of spring. The smell of the rain, cool and crisp. The fresh scent of new groth, it reminds me of when I was a child, keeping catterpillars alive in jars, with holes poked in the lid. I love the rain. It seems to cleanse my soul, which is dark and heavy. I do not miss the snow... I do miss Carrie though. She was up here for a vacation, and a Bridal Shower...but I will see her soon. In August, for her wedding. I am so excited for her and Kyle... I am hoping to have a busy summer, with camping and new friends. Conventions and writing group. And of course, travel. I am happy for the spring, I have been awating these first fresh and crisp mornings like a child awaiting christmas morning. Now that it has arrived, I feel more alive. It's strange how one misses the rain. The gentle pattering of raindrops on the roof, the fresh smell of the rain, the cool refreshing showers that sprinkle ones face. So, Welcome Spring! Welcome Rain, you have been sorely missed.

3 comments:

Kami Akai said...

Sorry to disappoint, but I still have a pile of snow and all around it fabulous green bluegrass. :9 But soon icecream! I too will not miss winter but I am not looking towards the heat of summer.

Unknown said...

I also am happy for the spring! Except that it's funny, you're happy about the rain, and I am just wishing the rain would freakin' stop already so I could at least see the sun once in a while. :P I miss you, too!!

Mel said...

I have always loved the rain. It makes me happy. I keep wishing for a good thunder shower. I don't know what it is about the rain...but I loves it.