Friday, January 19, 2007

Back to School...

Well...I have offically returned to school! I started my classes on Wednesday night, and I LOVE it! It is strange how much I actually missed school, and learning! Not to mention seeing all of my friends everyday. I long for the care free days of summer and hanging out with my friends...But everyone has changed and moved on...Sad really. This is just a post to tell you about my schooling...Horay! I am taking Creative writing and Editing! Which will also lead to publishing! (To those of you I told before...I got the name mixed up and wrong...sorry...I am really taking creative writing and editing not creative writing and publishing...oops...) I am planning on taking more courses next year, after I return from my one month long holiday to Hawaii! Yehaw! My aunt and uncle are taking me to Hawaii...all I have to do is pay for my flight! And I am going for a whole freaking Month! Yeeeahh! Anyway...back to the school. I think I have finally decided what I am going to do with my life! I had a discussion with my self the other day..."Self," I said..."You love writing...and you live reading...so why not combine the two into a job?" To which I responded..."Self, that is a great idea!" Now, I have been thinking of doing this for a ling time, Sholean and I had discussed opening a publishing company called "S&M Publications" but that seems to have fallen through...no biggie...I still have assperations to become a publisher/editer...so I took the initiative and started taking the courses...with some creative writing on the side...so I can hopefully finish my novel... I am glad to be back in school...I really did miss the learning...and strangely enough the homework too... Weird...no?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Mel, I'm so happy for you!! *hugs* And I'm glad that you like it. It'll be perfect for you, I think you're a great writer. And I'm not just saying that, either. If I thought you sucked, I just wouldn't say anything at all. I'm really considering going back to school as well, I think that once I'm married. I'm thinking of taking Graphic Design at Malaspina College here. I know someone who took it, so I'll see what she thought of it. I miss school, too, and I think I need something to get my life back on track. I think I've been coasting too long. I'd like to write a novel, too... I have this idea I can't get out of my head, but I don't think I'm all that great. :( HEY!! You know what would be sweet? We could do a children's book!!! You could write, and I could illustrate!! That would be sweet. Maybe we'll get the Super Duper Plunger Team going. :P LOVE YOU MENNIE!! I miss you. I wish you were here so we could hang out.

Kami Akai said...

I found the same here as well. Missing the school, the interaction with people, homework. I wish you the best and who knows what will happen in the future with the writing and publishing business, since there is always a demand. Maybe after all is said and done you do open yer shop.

Mel said...

Thanks guys! I miss you too carrie! I am really looking forward to coming up for your wedding! I wish I was there too so we could hang out! *sniffle* I figured I had coasted long enough too...I was getting restless and irritated with myself!

Horray for the super duper plunger team! I still have my mini plunger wand...do you? lol... Thoes were the good ol' days!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mell


Well thats realy good for you and I hope that you have fun. I know that you will be a great writer.

Unknown said...

Awww... Of COURSE I still have my mini plunger wand! It was on my bookshelf, but I have soo much stuff on there, I think it must have fallen off and gotten put back in my closet. But I still have it, of course. We need to reprise those roles once again sometime. :P And I still have the notes from high school somewhere. OH!! Guess what? I found one of our stories the other day. I just have to remember where it was again, and then I'll post it on my blog. YES!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're happy to be back in school for doing something you love. It's not that S&M Publishing has fallen through, it's been put aside for right now. We both need to develop our skills better than what they are before we can actually start thinking about a company.

The reason I haven't been commenting is because I haven't had anything to write. I have commented on Carrie's blog in a while. I don't want to do forced comments, I like leaving comments that actually have some point to them.

Carol said...

I wish you the best in going back to school. Who knows where that will lead....on to bigger and better things.

Mel said...

Yep! My imagination is a fertile escape pod from the mundane and boring. I don't think one can get much bigger or better than ones own imagination!