Thursday, September 14, 2006

Rock, Paper, Scissors...

Sho sent this to me in e-mail...I figured I'd share it with ya'll...

I Understand that scissors can beat paper, and I get how rock can beat
scissors, but there is no freaken way paper can beat rock. Paper is
supposed to magically "wrap around" rock, rendering it immobile? Why the
hell can't paper do this to scissors? Screw scissors. Why can't paper
suffocate students as they attempt to take notes in class? I'll tell
you why-- BECAUSE PAPER CAN'T BEAT ANYBODY! A rock would tear that shit up
in 2 seconds. When I play rock/paper/scissors, I always choose rock.
Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper, I punch
them in the face with my already clenched fist and say, "Oh shit, I'm
sorry. I thought that paper would protect you"

And How true is that? How does paper beat rock??? Don't we use rocks to weight down paper? So, technically...rock is invincable...except against "bomb" or "liquid nitrogen". But the game isn't called Rock, Paper, Scissors, Bomb; or Rock, Paper, Scissors, Liquid Nitrogen...no...it's just Rock, Paper, Scissors...that's it...your only choices...The "invincable" rock, the "candy ass" paper and scissors...good ol' scissors...

7 comments:

Carol said...

So true, and too funny.

Mel said...

Yeah...after reading this I don't think I can look at the innocent game of rock, paper, scissors the same again. I saw a young daughter playing with her dad, and she chose paper to beat his rock, and I had this image in my head of him popping her one...it was quite amusing...

Unknown said...

That's why it should be rock, scissors dyanamite. Rock smashes scissors, scissors cuts the fuse on the dynamite, and the dynamite explodes and TOTALLY FREAKIN' ANNIHILATES ROCK!! *laughs like a maniac*

joelthedramakid said...

buy me candy!

why?

cuz i said so....hmmm compelling arguement no?

Joel

Mel said...

Well...I could buy you candy, but seeing as I don't see you ever I'd just end up eating it all by myself...and I don'r need candy...candy is the DEVIL!!!

It could also be wood fire water...wood floats on water, water puts out fire and frie burns wood...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Dude, that makes MUCH more sense than rock-paper-scissors. Who ever came up with that game? Ah well, it's still fun. Especially the violent version. :P Remember the purple marks on our arms after Social class, Mel?!

By the way, that comment that was deleted by me, was just the same thing, but I made a spelling mistake and it bugged the heck out of me to just leave it there.