Tuesday, May 23, 2006

"Come into my parlor", said the spider to the fly...

Ok...here is what is going on in my life recently. I was dating a guy. He seemed to be really nice and every thing. He came home, and met the parents and the family, and they all loved him. So why did I have that sinking feeling? Why did it all feel too good to be true? Because it was. It turned out that he was married. You wanna know how I found out? His wife called me. She found out that he was seeing me, and she got a hold of my number, and called me. She was very polite about telling me to stay away from her husband. Apparently I was not the first. Just the first to admit it when called out. But despite what he did to me, I still cared about him. Until his wife and I unraveled the web of lies he had been spinning. It is amazing how quickly feelings can go away when a relationship is based solely on lies and deceit. The person I was falling for did not exist. He was acting the whole time. What did I ever do in my life to deserve to be treated this way? Am I not worthy of love? Do I not get a 'happily ever after'? These are the questions that have chased each other through my brain over the last week. And I have finally found the answer. I too am worthy of love, it was he who was not worthy of me. I will find my soul mate, when I am ready. You cannot rush love. That would be like trying to catch a rainbow. For love is as illusive as the dawn. Ever present, yet never noticed. If you sit patiently, love will come to you. Why is it that all the important lessons in life are the hardest to learn?

Please do not feel sorry for me, do not pity me for caring too much. Pity him, for not caring enough.

10 comments:

Kami Akai said...

He goes squish now...

Too bad, oh well there's other fish.

Carol said...

Mel,

Glad you came to the realization that it was him who was not worthy, not you. Keep your chin up, and it will happen when you least expect it.

Anonymous said...

Mel you will always have love in your life. You'll always have me and Carrie, and our families. Don't forget you have had a marriage proposal and I expect you to keep that promise.
Time heals all wounds.

Unknown said...

What a jerk! Please, please let me kick him. Hard. With steel-toed boots. I can't believe assholes like that, they don't deserve to live, and are a waste of oxygen. *gives you a big hug* I'm glad that you realize that he's the one with the problems, not you... Melanie, if I were a guy... or a lesbian... I'd TOTALLY date you!! *gives you a cheeky grin*

Unknown said...

I saw this piece of art on deviantArt, and automatically thought of you, your Valentine's poem and hate of Valentine's Day... I thought you should see it.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/28914572/

Mel said...

Ooookay...Carrie...you have got problems! But that was funny! LMAO!!

Thanks guys! I just proved that I am a mature adult...sometimes!...lol

Unknown said...

Hey, I don't have problems, what are you talking about?! *grin* And yes, you are mature... but since we are, we can choose the right times to be mature, and when to be immature...

Mel said...

Yeah...one of my favorite quotes is "I can be immature if I want to cuz I'm mature enough to make my own decisions!"

LMAO...

Unknown said...

EXACTLY! Ha ha!

Unknown said...

MELANIE!! My story blog is up and ready to go, just waiting for someone to write in it... hurry, be the first one!!